Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wicked Halloween Run 10k

6.2 miles?? EASY!

My goal for the race was to be under an hour. It was a relatively flat course. If I ran below a 10 minute pace, I could hit my goal time.

Some of the costumes were hilarious! Some person dressed up as a horse. How that person ran 6.2 miles in that thing is beyond me. I dressed as Harry Potter. My brother's girl friend bought me a Gryffindor shirt for my birthday as a joke and since it was a t-shirt, it was the perfect outfit to run in.

The weather was perfect running weather! I started off running 4 and 1's with a fellow BW3 at a 10.30 pace...This was way too slow for me and I didn't really feel like interval running so after the first mile of intervals we split ways and I ran the rest of the 5.2 miles. I knew I needed to increase my pace by a lot if I were to make my goal time. My Garmin told me I was running between an 8.30-9.20 pace. I never went above 9.20.

I never felt out of breath and I didn't stop for water at all, I didn't need it. It was a great run and I never once thought it was grueling. My knee did tighten up but overall it was fine.


Final Time: 59.58
PR'd by 2.42!

On my way home from the race, I realized my mentality about running has changed. 3.1 is a fun run, 6.2 is a short race, 13.1 is a long run and I'm itching to do 26.2. Who would have thought?


What are some great marathon you've ran?


Upcoming Races:
Sunday, Nov. 13: Bid Bird 10k (hoping for another PR)
Thursday, Nov. 25: Turkey Trot

No comments: