Monday, January 7, 2013

BLFE: Day 1

BLFE = Biggest Loser Family Edition

Depending on the day, I may post my workout, my food, or both! I'm open to suggestions!

Sunday night I made my food for the week:
- Turkey Chili (Lunch/Dinner)
- Bacon Egg Muffins (Breakfast)
- Tuna Salad Sandwich (Lunch/Dinner)

The Zone Diet says to eat within one hour after waking up. I don't eat breakfast so that was a major change for me. But, I loved the Bacon Egg Muffins! So yummy. I found the recipe off a CrossFit Website. I'll link it to it once I find it again. But here goes:

Bacon Egg Muffins

12 Turkey Bacon Strips
12 Eggs
1 tsp. of shredded cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take a cupcake/muffin pan and grease it down. I used coconut oil. Then, line each cupcake hole (lol) with turkey bacon. After you line the pan, put one egg inside of the bacon. Sprinkle cheese if necessary. Bake for 20 min.

To make it a zone meal eat 1 banana and 3 almonds.

SNACK/LUNCH/SNACK:
I missed my first snack. I was really amped up for it but, I was in a meeting. Tomorrow will be better.

Lunch wad great. I had a tuna salad sandwich on a whole grain sandwich thin with half an apple. Yum!

I did not miss my second snack! It was a 1/2 cup of yogurt sprinkled with almonds.

DINNER/SNACK:
I missed dinner. I can't believe I missed dinner. I even packed it!!! It was supposed to be my turkey chili. I got caught up in cheer practice and didn't have time to eat - Oh well.

I ate my 1/2 of an apple after I worked out.

WORKOUT:
Since I missed my dinner and my first snack I couldn't not workout. I had a plan of what I wanted to do but it changed when I saw a "Spartan" workout. Looked pretty cool and difficult so, I modified it for my level.

Warm-Up:
5 min bike
10 min intervals (1 min run, 1 min sprint)
2 minute walk
3 minute walk on incline

WOD: Modified Spartan
10 Inverted Pull Ups
25 Deadlifts (60#)
25 Box Jumps
25 Sit Ups
25 Cleans (40#)
10 Inverted Pull Ups

5-10 min Cool Down

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I was not in the Zone. I didn't plan as well I thought but, I did eat pretty clean. Everything I consumed was portioned and mostly followed the Zone. I'm still learning about the blocks. But overall, I'm proud of myself. I ate 4 out of 6 meals and worked out! I'm used to eating maybe once or twice a day so this is a big deal. My goal for the next week is to consistently eat six meals per day and workout everyday.

Love this challenge. In it to win it!

No comments: