Monday, June 13, 2011

I-I-I wanna go-o-o all the way-ay-ay

Scheduled run: 20-30 minutes

After a long weekend in Chi it was next to impossible to get up for work this morning. #backtoreality Seriously, I had no idea how I was going to train tonight after recovering from Chi,  a long day of work and teaching a fitness class (women and weights). Good thing I know the famous John Martin and he introduced me and gave me an exclusive invite to the group GP Runners ;) 

First of all, who ever thought I would be in one running group let alone two?! 

Okay, back to my story. I didn't think I was going to have the energy to run tonight. Catherine, my usual running partner had fitcamp tonight and I don't like running alone so it was natural that I didn't want to run. Well, GP Runners came through in the end and Roxanne and I had a nice four mile run. 

Now usually I run intervals, I never run straight through. Since everyone doesn't train that way, I adapted to running straight through. Wow! What a difference. My body enjoys its one minute break. ha. But, I bet if I keep running like that it will get easier...in the long run (no pun intended).

In my last post I mentioned that during my last couple runs, my toe has been bleeding. I've been offered a couple answers to my concern. 

Paul said, "Toe? Toenail?  Usually it is bad socks.  Cotton holds moisture and causes blisters.  A blood blister is not as usual.  New shoes can pinch.  Check your shoe where your toe is hurt and see if there is a seam or something that is causing it." 

I wore my Adidas socks rather than my normal Hanes No-Show Socks and look at that, no bloody sock. Thanks, Paul! 

Roxanne also recommended going back to the shoe store to see if my shoes are too small. Usually, when shopping for running shoes you want to go 1/2-1 size bigger than your normal shoe size because your foot swells while running.

So, I might do that tomorrow. But, I just bought my shoes so it would suck if I had to buy a new pair! 

I definitely learned a lot today about how the shoe/foot can effect your run.

Tomorrow is a cross training day. Which means hot yoga in the morning! Woop! 

Goodnight! =)






1 comment:

Angela said...

Try the running socks from Lucy...they are so comfortable! I loveeee them

-Angela