Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I've been a slacker

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in awhile, I haven't found time to do so. Let me give you a quick update about what I've been up to...

Sunday, July 10: Muddy Buddy Ride and Run Series at Stoney Creek!
This was definitely a fun yet challenging race. There were obstacles, hills and of course the mud pit. I think the most challenging part of the race was biking up this huge hill. Mostly everyone, including myself, ended up walking our bikes up the hill. It was so big! Finished in 1.15. Not bad!

Catherine and I before the mud pit. We were "Team X" a.k.a. "Team Suck It"

After the mud pit! 

During the mud pit! 
Saturday, July 16: Shores-Pointe Triathlon in St. Clair Shores and Grosse Pointe 
This was the inaugural event of the Shores-Pointe Triathlon. They offered a couple of different races triathlon, which included kyaking, biking and running, duathlon, which was running, biking and running, and a 5k. i participated in the duathlon. 

I ran my first 5k in 31.24, biked 13 miles in an 1.01, ran my second 5k in 34.35 with a final time of 2.09. I took some Gu beans at about 1.15, I figured that I better take them or I would be exhausted. It was the first time I ran a race with a fuel belt. Not bad. I ended up winning my age group. Only by default, I was the youngest person to participate in the duathlon. 

The most challenging part of this race was the transitions and biking. I took one full minute transitioning from running to biking. I had to get my bike off the rack and put my helmet on. Plus, you had to walk out not ride out of the bike area. Transitioning from biking to running was weird. My legs felt like jello and I felt like I wasn't even running. I didn't like it. I ended up doing 2 and 1's to get my legs back to normal. 

Next time, I'm for sure going to train for the transitions and biking in general.

Running to the biking transition area. Thanks for the pictures, Mom!!

On my way to the bike drop. Thank God!

Me with the race coordinators! What a great experience!

I can't believe I did two out-of-the-box races in two weeks! I'm so proud of myself. The next race I'm doing is Run For a Remedy on Sunday, July 24 in Auburn Hills. Goal time: sub 30! I ran it in 27 before, I would like to do that again. I'm ready! 

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for reading! 

Happy running!

No comments: