Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Biggest Loser - My Family Edition

It's been awhile since I've posted. Mainly because I haven't been running. Well, I haven't been doing much fitness activity to post about. To be completely honest, I actually fell off the wagon...real bad.

I started a new job in May 2012 and in the past eight months I gained 20 pounds. I started to notice my pants got a little tighter, my face looked a little fuller and my craving for sugar and bad food increased a ton. Because of this, I have been exhausted and not at all motivated to work out. I tried but it has always resulted in a failed effort.

Since it's January - and a new year, my family and I decided to do a "Biggest Loser" weight loss challenge. Yes, it's a little cliché - I know. But, we are all at our highest weight that we've ever been. So, something has to happen!

Here are the rules:

1. Entry fee $10
2. Every pound gained $1
3. Stay the same? .50
4. Complete 3-6 fitness hours
5. Don't complete fitness hours? .50
6. Didn't do any fitness hours? $1
7. Winner is based on percentage of weight lost NOT pounds lost.
8. The challenge goes on for 12 weeks - up until Easter
9. Weigh-in is every Sunday

My game plan is to change it up from anything I've ever done. I'm going to CrossFit three times per week, yoga and running twice per week. I am also going to follow The Zone Diet. I think with this plan I will definitely be on the path to a healthier me.

Keep following my blog, I will be posting my workout as well as the meals I've been eating.

Wish me luck!

No comments: