Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BLFE: Day 2

Day 2 - January 8th

I think I was more in "The Zone" but, I don't think I'm quite there yet. I've been finding that my hardest thing to do is make a 1 block snack. I've been having a yogurt with almonds in it or half an orange or half an apple. But, That's not considered a Zone meal because it doesn't have equal parts fat and protein. I need to sit down this weekend and actually go through what makes a meal. 


Bacon Egg Muffin/Cupcake


Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Bacon Egg Muffin/Cupcake with a handful of almonds

Snack #1: Yogurt with Almonds

Lunch: Turkey Chili with half an orange

Snack #2: Half an orange

Dinner: Grilled Chicken Sandwich on Sandwich thins with an apple

Workout:

I had cheer practice right after work and like always, I planned on working out after practice. But, we didn't get done until like 9:15 p.m. and I stayed a little longer talking to parents and cheerleaders. By the time everyone left it was 9:30 p.m. and I was not about to stay at the school that late by myself. Usually I would just be getting done with my workout at that time, not starting it. 

So, I got home around 10 p.m. and I was NOT motivated. I was like heck no, I'm so tired and sore from the previous day's workout. But, my friends and I have a "30 Days of Fitness" goal we are trying to achieve. So, I sucked it up and did a PiYo DVD. 

It was a hard workout! I was sweating, sore, etc. etc. This is not your normal pilates yoga class. Chalene Johnson does a great job with the choreography. She makes it hard enough you want to scream but so enjoyable that you're having a fun time doing it. 

Overall, I did 45 minutes of the 1 hour routine. I could have stuck out the extra 15 minutes but, it was already 11:30 p.m. 45 minutes into the workout. 



Piyo! Lola decided she also wanted to do PiYo.

No comments: